The Gregg County Historical Museum hosted its Donor Appreciation Celebration and ribbon cutting for the Cargill Kids Zone Interactive Children's Exhibit area on Thursday, November 15, 2018. Included in the new additions to the Museum's exhibits are a country veterinarian's office and children's post office, an original mural of early East Texas and new audio visual enhancements for the Printing Press area. Sponsors of these various areas were honored and presented as follows:
- Paula Cargill Kaplan, whose family foundation sponsored the main naming opportunity of the Cargill Kids Zone, honored her mother Pauline Cargill.
- Peggy Garland, who sponsored the Post Office Exhibit, honored Jack Coghlan Jr., grandson of Dr. Peggy and Howard Coghlan.
- Karen and David Wright who sponsored the East Texas mural painted by Larry Kitchen, Kilgore College instructor.
- Ann Lowman (deceased) who sponsored the audiovisual enhancements of the Printing Press area.
- Other contributing sponsors include The Crain Foundation, The Hollandsworth Family Foundation and Ahle Printing.